Thank you for your interest in employment at Mahanaim. Mahanaim seeks highly motivated individuals, dedicated to excellence and willing to contribute to our mission: to cultivate selfless servant leaders who possess the qualities needed to comfort, heal, and transform the world. If you wish to apply for any of the positions listed in this page, please e-mail your curriculum vitae and salary requirements to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “Employment at Mahanaim.”
The following employment opportunities are currently available:
The Gracias Music Program at Mahanaim invites applications for a part-time faculty position to teach course ESL. The start date for this position is January 27, 2016. Classes will be 4 hours long and be held on Monday morning, Wednesday morning and/or Saturday afternoon.
- Gather and/or create curricular materials to support the course taught
- Learn the scope and sequence of the core curriculum to prepare for future teaching assignments
- Create and distribute well-organized, thoughtful syllabi for courses
- As appropriate, incorporate elements of the Mahanaim mission into course delivery
- Provide ongoing assessment of student progress and development and take steps to accommodate the needs of students with individual learning styles
- Provide curricular recommendations to school advisors about failing students
- Communicate with Mahanaim advisors about students who are struggling emotionally
The individual selected to fill the position will be responsible for participating in the operation and instruction of the assigned course in the music department. It is expected that this person will be a performance role model for students.
An advanced degree (MM) or demonstrated equivalent is required. Candidates should have successful teaching at the college level. Candidates should also demonstrate ability to work effectively with diverse populations of students and faculty.
Commensurate with education and experience
If you are interested in sending a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) for consideration for potential future openings, please send them to:
300 Nassau Road
Huntington, NY 11743
This page was last updated on March 12, 2015.