Prospective Students

M-1 Student Overview

As a part of International Affairs, we advise and assist  those in M-1 status with regard to U.S. immigration matters and regulations.  The Office of International Affairs is committed to providing international students and scholars with the highest level of expertise in advising and immigration services.

M-1 Student Status:
M-1 is a type of student visa reserved for vocational and technical schools.

Document: Form I-20
Grace Period: 30 day grace period for departure after program completion
Dependents: M-2 Spouse CANNOT work nor study.
M-2 Child CANNOT work, but CAN attend K-12 school.
On-Campus Employment: Not allowed.
Off-Campus Employment: Not allowed.
Governing Agency: Department of Homeland Security