Welcome to the Mahanaim Library! It is our mission to support the teaching and performance activities of both the school’s degree-granting and non-degree granting programs. We have built this page, and our library, to assist students and faculty with their educational, intellectual, and artistic pursuits.
Please visit all of our library pages by choosing the tabs above. The Mahanaim Library is ready to help you!
The Mahanaim Library is a new feature of the school, and is continuously being enhanced for our student needs.
The goal of the Mahanaim Library is to develop a collection of performance materials in various formats (scores, scores with parts, sound and video recordings) for all vocal ranges, piano, and orchestral instruments, including chamber music for the Gracias Music program. We also seek to develop a collection of religious works, historical reference texts, and Christian publications (books, articles, magazines, sound and video recordings) for the Good News Theology program. As we continue to add to our holdings, we will acquire library materials necessary for musical performance and instructional purposes, add to our reference collections, and design a core collection of liberal arts materials that supports our curriculum.
Library Use & Conduct Policies
The Mahanaim Library seeks to provide all users with a welcoming, comfortable, and safe environment while intellectually exploring our holdings. The following Use & Conduct Policies are intended to ensure a pleasant environment for study, and a productive research center for all students, faculty, and staff.
These Use & Conduct Policies are to be used by all library users,
and will be enforced by all library and school staff.
General Behavior1. The Library is a place intended for quiet study. Please be courteous to others and keep all conversation at a low level.
2. Interfering with a library employee’s performance of duties is not permitted.
3. Users may not obstruct access to study areas, workstations, or library materials by leaving their things anywhere that they want. Keep your things on your person at all times.
4. Users may not use library areas for prolonged sleeping or as living quarters.
5. Do not leave personal belongings unattended. The Library is not responsible for damage,theft, or loss of personal property.
Collection Use1. Users must check out or obtain authorization before removing materials, equipment, or property from the library proper.
2. If the security alarm sounds while leaving or entering the library, please report to the circulation desk immediately. If there is no one available to help you, please come back during office hours or contact the librarian directly.
3. Do not deliberately misplace library materials so that others cannot access them.
4. Return library materials on time.
5. Handle all library materials gently so that they are not damaged.
6. Please be mindful of copyright law: “The Copyright law of the United States (Title 17 U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. The person using this photocopying equipment is liable for any infringement.” As such, it is not permissible to copy recordings of Mahanaim’s performances to laptops or any other device. All performances are property of the school and carry copyright restrictions.
Enforcement & Reporting1. Library use is a privilege, not a right. Violations of any policy or conduct requirement will be reported and consequences enforced. Anyone violating policies will be asked to leave the library proper, and can be refused future access.
2. If any individual or group is not following previously stated policies or conduct requirements, individual users may point it out.
3. Concerns, problems, or policy violations may be reported to the Librarian or ICT Director.
Facility Use1. NO FOOD OR DRINK IS PERMITTED IN THE LIBRARY AT ANY TIME. Users will be asked to leave if anything but bottled water is brought into the library proper.
2. Cell phone use is not permitted in the library; please turn off ringers before entering the library.
3. The library cannot provide change for copying and printing purposes. Pay the finance office in advance; you will receive a receipt that can be given to library staff in order to fill a copy card.
4. Please follow facility closing times; the library and computer lab follow the same opening and closing schedule.
5. You may not take out any materials if there is no library staff present to sign out materials.
To provide students with all the resources that they need to feel engaged while studying at Mahanaim, the Library has reached out to the Huntington Public Library (HPL) in order to obtain access to all of the HPL’s online subscriptions and services.
To receive a Huntington Public Library Card, please email the Mahanaim librarian about making an appointment to fill out a registration form.
Students have access to:
- Downloadable books and videos
- Free downloadable music via their new freegal™ service
- Subscription databases
- Educational and Cultural programs and services
- Literacy Education
- Internet Resources for Research Projects
For a complete listing of all available services, visit the Huntington Public Library website!
Need help writing your first paper for English Composition I?
The following documents are writing guides created by the Library staff in collaboration with the Tutoring Center to help get you started! For more in depth guidance, the Tutoring Center in RM202 will provide individual assistance.
First step: set up your page margins!
Second step: adjust your paragraphs!
Third step: Review your writing guidelines!
Fourth Step: Study this FAKE completed paper!
Welcome to the home of the Page Turners!
The Page Turners – the first book club on campus – was created to help students practice and explore their use of the English language. We are currently not meeting due to scheduling conflicts, however all are welcome to meet with the librarian to share their love of books, music, and life at Mahanaim whenever they want to! Stop by the library any time to see what new books can be explored and talked about!
The library is located in RM147; email the librarian if you would like to make an appointment to chat in person.
Phone: 1-631-944-4400 ext.2402
Director of ICT
Phone: 1-631-944-4400 ext.2032